Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have great technical skill, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
We’re seeking a QA Engineer with a proven track records of delivering on or exceeding goals. The right candidate must be an exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer with strong academic background and coding experience. Candidate must be a self-starter, work well with others and be able to adapt to changes quickly in a dynamic engineering environment.
What we offer is the chance to work with a small, passionate team inside Brightcove to build some amazing media platforms, a good salary, options, benefits, unlimited vacation and an amazing office.
- Work closely with developers and designers in an action oriented engineering organization to plan, build and test high quality and high performance components of our digital media deployment product.
- Work with product management to identify use case scenarios and create and execute test plans to validate those use cases.
- Work together with the whole project team to validate the quality of our releases
- Identify test automation opportunities and tools to automate both unit and functional tests
- Find and report product usability issues, defects and incompatibilities.
- Configure and maintain Windows, Macintosh, and other platform- based test systems.
- Help develop test standards and procedures.
- Be a contributor to the development of the QA test frameworks.
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 3 - 5+ years of Software QA experience
- Prior experience with scripting test automation
- Good working knowledge of SQL and XML
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies
- Excellent analytical skills with strong problem solving abilities
- Experience troubleshooting problems and isolating defects
- Confidence to participate and contribute in a fast-paced and technologically aggressive development team
- Digital or Video industry landscape expertise (OTT, AVOD, SVOD, etc.) a plus, but not required
We are located in Boston's innovation district within walking distance from South Station. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work with plenty of fun events & amenities like weekly bagel Fridays, monthly cake days and our enormous kitchens and snack cupboard.
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top