Brightcove provides the industry leading online video platform, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe.
We are looking for a Project Manager to assist in the execution of best practices that allows the Program team to guide the product organization through various stages of the development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical Project Manager and/or Scrum Master who will drive and manage cross-functional activities and key operational processes in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Guide the product organization through the various stages of the development lifecycle, managing and coordinating cross-functional dependencies, while ensuring the successful delivery of products that are aligned with Brightcove’s strategic goals.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a change agent: Identify ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systematically improve how we deliver value to customers.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering regarding product definition, project schedule, feature scope, commitments, and project-related decisions.
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to encourage transparency and facilitate cross-functional communication throughout projects.
- Drive and manage project risks, including identification, analysis, communication, monitoring and control, while increasing the probability of positive events.
- Manage and drive complex decision making and problem solving in a decisive, confident and prompt manner.
- Be an agile coach: Acting as a trusted advisor to support teams to increase their efficiency and productivity in an agile environment.
- Someone who describes themselves as a proven project manager with a passion for driving software projects to completion. PMP/PMI and CSM certification is an added bonus.
- Someone who operates with minimal supervision; collaborates with their manager as specific issues requiring escalation arise.
- 3+ years of software project management experience. A combined history of product management, engineering work, and customer support experience (or a software engineering degree) are ideal.
- Familiarity with standard project management tools, practices and procedures.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile and/or other iterative development methodologies. Certified Scrum Master is an added bonus.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships and collaborate with variety of personalities and styles.
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members.
- Someone who has a familiarity with different technologies, and enjoys researching new applications and customer trends.
- An undergraduate degree in a technical or business field is strongly preferred.
About the work environment
Our Scottsdale office is located in the Skysong Innovation Center in Scottsdale, AZ which is home to cutting-edge companies from around the world working in an environment designed to foster collaboration and growth. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top