Director, Media Client Solutions
Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, partners, designs, and builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have Media solutions experience, business acumen, the ability to identify technical solution opportunities, strong sales skills, a talent for client management, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
This person is primarily responsible for driving opportunities for BGS to sell customized services on top of the Brightcove product suite. You will be responsible for partnering with our sales team, scoping the technical solution, solution and business development, working in partnership with our technical delivery leads within BGS. You will be expected to develop working relationships with many functions at Brightcove, be the trusted partner and advisor to our clients and prospects and a partner and advocate for our delivery teams.
Our ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in client management and solution selling in a technical services environment (pure services or professional services within a product organization). You will have carried a sales target, been responsible for overall client success on one or more large scale engagements ($1M or more) and will have a proven ability to create high quality, strategic, business-focused presentations, proposals and statements of work, leading to wins.
What we offer is the chance to work with a small, passionate team inside Brightcove to build some amazing video platforms, a competitive salary and equity package, benefits, unlimited vacation and a great office.
- Business Development. Client Partners in BGS work closely with the Brightcove Field Sales and Account Management teams to identify opportunities within our customers and prospects and sell.
- Solution Development. Client Partners work closely with the BGS Delivery team and Solution Architects to convey client requirements and communicate project timelines, scope and price throughout the sales process.
- Relationship Management. Client Solutions Directors work closely with the BGS Delivery Manager and Project Managers to ensure that client needs are communicated clearly and expectations are managed, particularly in the pre- to post-sale handoff.
Skills And Qualifications
- Ability to understand client needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Ability to sell and close a deal.
- Experience developing business proposals and customized programs to meet client needs and close business.
- Proven ability to negotiate business contracts, including scope, timeline and cost, with clients and prospects.
- Willingness to build positive and productive relationships with clients.
- Experience developing account strategies to meet quarterly bookings targets, including details of the relationships required, the opportunities that have to be chased, and the revenue expected from such opportunities, as well as potential threats and weaknesses that need to be addressed.
- Previous experience facilitating workshops and Quarterly Business Reviews to ensure client satisfaction.
- Previous experience in OTT (AVOD/SVOD/TVE) service design, development or delivery (not required but helpful).
- Willingness to liaise with Delivery and Technology teams to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- Demonstrated experience managing client expectations and communications between client and internal project teams.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related area, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT services client delivery.
- Experience as project/program/product manager (not required but helpful).
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top