Developer - iOS
Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our professional services team builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in Japan - and we're growing. If you have great technical skill, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
Brightcove’s professional services team designs and develops custom video-centric Web and mobile solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics, Advertising, subscription and monetization engines. We like to hire smart engineers with a passion to solve complex and interesting problems and to learn and utilize new technologies.
We are looking for a smart and talented iOS/tvOS developer. This position will customize our iOS/tvOS SDK, and design, develop and integrate native iOS/tvOS apps (iPhone, iPad and Apple TV) that are centered on video delivery and are integrated with various monetization, analytics, DRM, CMS and Advertising engines. We have built a number of video-centric apps and we have more to build!
- Experience shipping one or more iOS/tvOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- 5 years of Software Development experience, with at least 2 in iOS
- Expert-level knowledge of Swift and Xcode
- Knowledge of UI frameworks, MVC and reactive, touch-based UI
- Solid exposure to unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with JSON/XML and interfacing with server-side API’s, e.g. REST and GraphQL
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (storage and latency)
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in multimedia and/or video streaming a plus
- Prior experience in integration with CDN, DRM, analytics, media advertising and payment systems a plus
- Native fluency in Japanese
- Fluency (oral and written) in English
This position is based in Tokyo
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top