At Brightcove, we are delivering billions of minutes of video every month to internet devices across the world. Delivering video for some of the biggest and most exciting names in the media, advertising and social media spaces.
We are growing our team in Boston and are looking to add a Software Engineer to our Native SDKs team to help design software for Brightcove’s Android SDKs!
You are excited about the growing reach of the Android platform in consumer electronics, set-top boxes and connected TVs. You have significant experience in mobile development or building SDK’s for developers on the Android platform. You love Git and Gradle, or want to teach us how to use better tools.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to analyze user needs and business requirements
- Design and implement new features to our SDKs
- Collaborate with other team members, participating in Scrum meetings, design discussions and team code reviews
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing and supporting Android applications
- Experience using Java and unit testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the importance of proper version control and dependency management
- Experience implementing robust testing frameworks for headless Android applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related fields required
- Advanced degree in similar fields a plus
Why work here?
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
About the work environment
Our Boston office is located in Boston's innovation district within walking distance from South Station. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work with plenty of fun events & amenities like weekly bagel Fridays, monthly cake days and our enormous kitchens and snack cupboard.
Our Scottsdale office is located in the Skysong Innovation Center in Scottsdale, AZ which is home to cutting-edge companies from around the world working in an environment designed to foster collaboration and growth. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.
Meet Some of Brightcove's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Kaitlin manages Brightcove's Platinum Plus Program. She problem-solves with account managers and sales engineers to provide customers with a results-driven, three-tiered Support Team.
Back to top