GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assists Retread Plant/Store Manager in monitoring the functionality of the plant while working to support the production of high quality retreads.
- Assists retread plant/store manager in hiring and training of personnel.
- Solves problems with personnel and equipment as they occur.
- Reviews NRT, adjustments and failures with manager and appropriate production employees.
- Administers discipline in accordance with company policies.
- Monitors and control material cost and labor cost.
- Responsible for the upkeep and the maintenance of facilities, equipment, and tools.
- Responsible for safe working conditions of the facility and safe work habits of employees.
- Maintains good communications with subordinates, management and sales/service.
- Manufactures a quality product in accordance with recommended specifications and procedures.
- Meets production goals and product delivery schedules.
- Review's production records.
- Evaluates the productive efforts of subordinates to insure the most efficient utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required by retread plant/store manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
This position will require lifting up to 150# on an occasional to frequent basis depending upon the availability of hydraulic lifting equipment. Standing, bending, reaching and twisting will also be required on a frequent basis for prolonged hours and in an environment that includes machinery noise and exposure to heat.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Schedules personnel & personnel work assignments
- Buys and selects materials for manufacturing process.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top