GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Responsible for the supervision of all warehouse personnel to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS/CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Reviews the inbound and outbound workload daily and determines work to be scheduled to assure on time delivery of products to customers. This includes the approval of overtime when required and consultation with store management.
- Develops layouts and procedures that will safely and effectively utilize available space and efficiently move tires and other products through the warehouse.
- Ensure proper building security in service department and warehouse area.
- Conducts physical inventories periodically to assure integrity of inventory records and protection of assets.
- Makes periodic fire and security checks of the warehouse during and after normal working hours. Responsible for security systems.
- Assist with physical inventory as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING:
- Load, unload, check, and tally tires and other products during receiving and shipping process to and from carriers
- Store tires and related materials for customer orders and place in assigned staging areas.
- Check and verify accuracy of orders.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack and other equipment as necessary.
- Prepare pertinent paperwork.
- Participate in physical inventories.
- Housekeeping duties.
- Establishes and maintains a competent work force and proper environment to operate a safe, secure, cost effective warehouse which satisfies company, government, and labor requirements.
- Interviews applicants and selects personnel for open positions following standard employment procedures and government regulations.
- Instructs new employees on safe work procedures.
- Assesses employee job performance and encourages progress and development of personnel using motivational techniques.
Recommends employees for promotions, demotions, rate changes, and terminations.
Administers safety meetings for warehouse personnel.
Ensures compliance with equal employment opportunity guidelines.
Monitors hours worked and control excessive overtime.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
- Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Daily warehouse operation issues
- Warehouse layout
- Performance Standards
- Customer Service Issues
- Warehouse objectives
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top