Truck Technician "B"
Truck PM Plus is a part of the GCR Tires & Service network and is one of the nation’s largest full service tire companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 300 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variey of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Performs tractor and trailer repairs following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), completes rebuilds and replacements, performs complex diagnostic work, makes best value decisions to continue to operate and performs technical repairs and/or replacement. Performs other jobs as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM’s) and federal annual inspections on all equipment including technical repairs and related repair paperwork.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain truck, trailer, mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories.
- Inspection, diagnostics and repair of electrical systems.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspection, diagnostics and repair of AC systems.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
- Must have 5 years verifiable experience in a truck maintenance facility or a two (2) year degree from a Technical College
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Repairing -- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting -- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance -- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Installation -- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation Monitoring -- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates effective organizational, reasoning, problem solving abilities and time management skills. Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must possess the ability to work well with others. Possess evidence of the ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with store personnel, administrative office personnel, and customers. Must be able to handle continuous stressful situations in effective manner.
General Statement: Will be required to work in a stressful environment while maintaining a encouraging attitude towards all customers and employees. Responsible for continuous physical effort, including frequent bending, walking, manipulation of and heavy lifting of equipment.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top