Tire Technician 3
GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Rack and hoist vehicles for inspection.
• Complete written vehicle inspection with regard to tire service.
• Fleet inspections.
• Scrap tire analysis.
• Instruct other Tire Technicians in performing tire repair and general service.
• Dispatch (where applicable).
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Insure that service truck, all tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
• Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or
mechanical defects to the Service Manager.
• Check all fluid levels in truck and air compressor during pre-trip inspection.
• Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
• Perform jobs using proper and safe procedures at all times.
• Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
• Maintain standards of cleanliness.
• Maintain supply stock of tread rubber and repair materials and advise manager when replenishment is necessary.
• Maintain equipment in good working order. Notify manager immediately of defects.
• Be able to perform all duties/tasks of Tire Tech 1 and 2
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
• Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
• Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
• Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
• Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
• Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
• Types of repairs necessary.
• Material to best complete the service work requested.
• Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top