Tire Technician 2 - Fleet
GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Perform service (mount, balance, rotate, and repair tires) and repair work for customers as directed by Service Manager (both
inside and mobile).
Responsible for safe operation of company vehicles including compliance with speed and traffic regulations.
Insure truck is adequately supplied with tubes, repair materials, and replacement tires before departing store location to
handle service calls.
Any other duties as assigned.
Insure that service truck, all tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or
mechanical defects to the Service Manager.
Check all fluid levels in truck and air compressor during pre-trip inspection.
Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
Perform jobs using proper and safe procedures at all times.
Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
Maintain standards of cleanliness.
Maintain equipment in good working order. Notify manager immediately of defects.
Be able to perform all duties/tasks of Tire Tech 1.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
• 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
• Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
• Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
• Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
• Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
• Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
• Types of repairs necessary.
• Material to best complete the service work requested.
• Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
In order to progress to Tire Technician 3 the following is required:
• TIA level 3 certification (U.S. only)
• 2+ years applicable experience at Tire Technician 2 proficiency level
• Satisfactory work, safety and attendance record
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top