Tire Technician 1 - Slab/Retail
GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform tire service and repair work as well as basic general service functions on customer vehicles (all sizes), fleet inspections, scrap tire analysis and other duties as required.
- Mounting, balancing, rotating, and repairing all types of tires from passenger to large trucks.
- Check for needed additional service.
- Clean and paint used tires and place in used tire stock.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Drive vehicles to deliver and pick up merchandise.
- Move customer’s vehicles.
- Stock and assist with physical inventory.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and service truck in efficient operating condition, keep clean (inside & out).
- Unload and load tire and related items from truck as required.
- Adhere to all traffic and speed regulations.
- Operate a forklift (depending on facility)
- Sweep floors, clean restrooms, perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Attend meetings held by Store Service Manager.
- Process all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures associated with performance of duties.
- Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting over 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Types of repairs necessary.
- Material to best complete the service work requested.
- Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
In order to progress to Tire Technician 2 the following is required:
- TIA level 2 certification (U.S. only) within first 2 weeks of employment
- TIA level 3 certification within 2 years from date of hire
- 1-2 years applicable experience at Tire Technician 1 proficiency level
- Satisfactory work, safety and attendance record
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top