Tire Category Manager
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Tire Category Manager is responsible for supporting the tire assortment for our GCR Tires and Service commercial stores. This individual will be the key point of contact with our vendors, with responsibility of pricing and program negotiations that maximize sales, profit and productivity. They will utilize market and internal data to help shape the product and service retail strategy in our GCR stores.
- Key point of contact with all vendors, both internal and external
- Negotiate vendor programs, including pricing, with all tire vendors
- Manage product inventory levels and set strategies and plans to meet Days Sales Inventory and Inventory Quality targets
- Drive recommendations on purchases with key vendors to support overall merchandising strategy
- Manage Product and Service Line Review process annually
- Recommend and execute corporate purchases down to the store level on key programs
- Partner with field leadership team to ensure overall tire purchases are communicated and executed
- Analyze competition and market share
- Create Strategic direction for tire inventory, vendor and sales management
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree Required
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience in Retail Merchandising and/or Supply Chain-Inventory Management
• Strong negotiation skills
• Effective prioritization and time management skills
• Strong communication and administrative skills
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top