TEST - Approval Process - TEST - DO NOT APPLY
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Under general supervision performs a variety of moderately difficult and specialized office, clerical, and records management duties and accounting functions; performs related duties as assigned.
- Directly supports the Distribution Center Manager. Manages the DC Manager’s schedule and ensures well coordinated communication and scheduling throughout the facility.
- Books travel and completes expense reports for DC Manager.
- Light accounting work such as check requests, purchase orders, approvals and payment of invoices, communication with vendors regarding purchase orders and returns.
- Responsible for ordering supplies; builds and manages relationships with these vendors.
- Answers, screens, and refers visitors and telephone calls; researches requests from other teammates and customers.
- Events planning for both small and large groups (upwards of 200+ people).
- Perform general filing with knowledge of alphabetical and numerical filing procedures.
- Organize and maintain office and specialized files.
- Input prescribed data into various online systems, including workload projections, work orders, and other specialized information; enters data and information in various databases and computer systems.
- Operate a computer using advanced word processing and spreadsheet entry skills. Operate other standard office equipment: photocopy machine, fax, and multi-purpose telephone lines.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Understand and follow written and oral instructions. Prepare clear, accurate, and concise records and reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others encountered in the course of work.
- Prepares and mails correspondence.
- Assist other office clerks.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
- Good math skills.
- 3 years past administrative assistant experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, “One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top