Technical Services Coordinator
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position acts as the 'eyes and ears' of the company's early warning system to identify potential product issues. This position will regularly interact with customers, dealers, fleets, and Bridgestone Americas Tire Operation personnel to offer technical service and assistance in resolving complaints.
This position will have a broad spectrum of duties within our Sales and Engineering business.
- Tire warranty adjustments at dealer/store/fleet/regional office to perform tire inspections in order to determine actual reason for adjustments. Independent decision making required. Must ensure that scrap tires are properly cut, skived, and disposed of per company policy. Manage a sophisticated route schedule. Process tire adjustments using a laptop computer. Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perform a wide range of customer service duties. Provide technical education to dealer, store, fleet, and BF personnel. Conduct seminars on technical subjects.
- Respond to both customer and dealer inquiries as well as complaints. Receive and respond to all telephone and written complaints and inquiries. Maintain an Original Equipment phone log, initiate contact packet for alleged property damage claims, report significant complaints or findings in weekly and monthly reports, manage inventory, brand resale tires, and ensure cleanliness and organization of adjustment area.
- Gather, collect, track, ship, scrap, and report on tire collections and return tire reports. Respond to survey requests.
- Provide support to regional field engineering. Assist in tire inspections and develop knowledge of field engineering job duties. Brand and coordinate test tires as well as inspect and report assigned test tires.
- Provide phone center support for inbound BOSS calls regarding warranty and technical services.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in technical or business field. In lieu of degree, we will accept four years of technical customer service experience or 2 years of experience in tire technology or automotive related business
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Automotive experience
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top