Supervisor – Logistics, Product Validation
Bridgestone’s Product Development Group in Akron, Ohio, is part of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas, Inc. Reporting into the BATO business unit are the company’s North American consumer tire businesses, the North American commercial tire businesses, and Latin American tire operations (consumer and commercial). In our new state-of-the-art technical center in Akron, Ohio, we endeavor to provide teammates with challenging assignments, a flexible work schedule, and opportunities to learn and grow in an innovative and collaborative culture.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone, and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Results Orientation - The ideal candidate will be energetic and have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. In addition, the candidate will be able to regularly adjust resource / task priorities based on input from product validation management and internal customers.
Leadership - A successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the ability to train others, effectively manage resource conflict and provide direction for teammates regarding task priority.
This role is responsible for:
- Supervision of the product validation logistics resource including teammate workload and priorities for shipping, cut section analysis, tire confirmation and Test Track requests.
- Clarify priority for all product validation technician tasks when conflicts occur.
- Proactively communicate recommendations for conflicting priorities to product validation management.
- Manage a “to be established” cut section analysis system in support of product validation activity.
- Establish and provide training for a core skillset needed in the product validation logistics team.
Required: 10 years of relevant experience with one year of supervisory experience OR 2-year technical degree and 8 years of relevant experience and 1 year of supervisory experience.
Preferred: Strong knowledge of Bridgestone Americas Technical Center logistics and tire testing processes. Previous experience of 2 years in a supervisory position.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top