Solution Engineer Developer
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
- Provide support for existing applications by adding new features as requested by the business or providing bug fixes for identified defects
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects to ensure alignment of Applications projects to Commercial Technology Group's strategy
- Interview internal business customers and work with them to develop software requirements to meet their needs
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. May have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
- Assist in developing new applications to help the business meet its objectives. This could include any and all steps from requirements gathering through user acceptance testing.
- Manages project output to ensure that all work related to coding, scripts and documentation are aligned with the standards of Commercial Technology Group
- Maintain a familiarity with the technology stack used by Bridgestone Commercial Technology Group, which currently includes: C# (ASP.NET MVC Core, Angular, Xamarin), Azure SQL
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience in C# development including experience with Azure SQL, Xamarin development, and related technologies
- Comfortable with MS SQL Server, including a working knowledge of relational database concepts, the SQL query language, and writing stored procedures
- Should be able to work well in both a small team environment or individually on projects as necessary
- Must be detail-oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, and be able to understand business requirements quickly
- BS in a computer-related field is preferred
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with Angular development
- Experience designing and writing Unit Tests. QA experience is a plus
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top