Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone's Distribution Center in Roanoke, TX is seeking a 3rd shift supervisor. This position supports the Warehouse Manager in contributing to a successful operation by daily guiding area supervisors, working supervisors, and utilizing teammates for optimum productivity gain and cost reductions while ensuring the safety and security of the DC. This position may assume the role of Warehouse Manager in his/her absence. Additional duties as required.
- Obtain productivity and cost objectives set by the Warehouse Manager. Establishes necessary controls to ensure objectives are met.
- Monitors condition and maintenance of operating / material handling equipment. Recommends appropriate changes of equipment to Warehouse Manager.
- Monitors the efficient handling of shipments & receipts.
- Reviews the loading and unloading schedules to minimize detention or demurrage charges.
- Determines the distribution and coordination of work assignments & schedules to ensure truck lines are meeting appointment schedules. Takes corrective action when necessary.
- Investigates shipping discrepancies and takes appropriate corrective action. Coordinates any necessary records.
- Communicates and trains on policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for providing appropriate training, performance analysis, and special projects to working supervisors. Ensures teammates are also cross-trained in various job functions.
- Schedules & manages vacation time for teammates on their respective shift.
- Investigates and resolves concerns/issues as they occur and include additional departments as needed.
- Investigates and resolves accidents/incidents working with additional departments as needed.
- Monitors teammate attendance and take corrective action when appropriate.
- Assess performance of shift to identify strengths, monitor performance and recommend areas for improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics/Business Administration plus 2 years of progressive responsibility in logistics and warehousing environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with warehouse management software programs, RF Scanner, and inventory control.
- Strong written and verbal skill to communicate with all levels of the organization and executive excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must possess working knowledge of common computer software applications (Microsoft Office).
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top