GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Responsible for the supervision of all service personnel to ensure maximum productivity and efficient service.
- Supervision of service personnel.
- Coordinate and schedule all service.
- Develop and maintain an effective cost control system.
- Provide Store Manager with service call statistics, number of service calls, service person dispatched, amount of time spent on job and service provided.
- Schedule working hours for service personnel.
- Order repair materials, wheels and other related products.
- Solicit service and product sales via direct contact with customers.
- Maintain Hazardous Materials Book required by OSHA.
- Any other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Control of physical assets: equipment and inventory.
- Improve methods of service and maintain uniformity.
- Ensure proper building security in service department and warehouse area.
- Verifies equipment and merchandise on service trucks.
- Ensure that tools for shop and service trucks are replaced and/or repaired.
- Responsible for the accuracy of mileage, maintenance and fuel consumption records on service vehicles.
- Ensures that all service vehicles have regular preventative maintenance and are in proper operating condition.
- Maintain reasonable inventory levels of supplies and materials to maintain uninterrupted production at varying seasonal demands.
- Direct supervision of all service personnel.
- Assist Store Manager in determining personnel requirements and responsibilities: hiring, promotions, demotions, rate changes, and terminations.
- Assesses employee job performance and encourages progress and development of personnel using motivational techniques.
- Provide service personnel training on proper equipment operations, paper work procedures, and proper merchandise control.
- Monitors hours worked and controls excessive overtime.
- Ensures adherence to safety policies and procedures for all service personnel.
- Administers compliance with equal employment opportunity guidelines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Must be computer literate.
- Written & verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to safety concerns.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
- Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Daily work assignment
- Customer priorities
- Required machinery/procedural training and presentation of such to service personnel
- Control of physical assets; equipment and inventory
- Recommend to Tire Technician appropriate products and tools needed to service customer.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top