Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Senior Analyst for the Supply Chain Center of Excellence is responsible for driving capability development improvements that deliver business value within the Bridgestone Americas supply chains. The Senior Analyst will partner with the supply chain operational areas, taking the lead on analytics, project and change management in order to facilitate transformational innovation. The candidate requires significant analytical skills combined with business acumen to develop new solutions and align existing tools with changes in the business. The Senior Analyst should be skilled in facilitation, problem-solving, negotiation and relationship-building.
- Manage assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support business objectives.
- Analyze the movement of goods through the supply pipeline, monitor current practices, identify and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements that will result in increased cash flows and customer satisfaction and decreased operating costs
- Evolve and extend functionality/capability assessment models as portfolio and technology change.
- Utilize analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance supply chain processes
- Support initiative working teams on cost-benefit assessments, driver analyses, project management, etc.
- Assist in business case development for proposed investments and to support capability development roadmaps.
- Conduct additional ad-hoc analyses assessing complexity impact from proposed business decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics or related field
- 5+ years Supply Chain experience in warehousing, distribution and/or planning environment
- Advanced capability with data visualization tools (Tableau) and Microsoft Excel
- Proven track record with managing projects
- Experience in standards driven process and lean processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage and process large datasets from diverse sources
- Aptitude for generating practical insights & solutions
- Understanding of manufacturing and supply chain principles
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Master's degree in relevant business area Experience with data analysis, operations management and business intelligence tools
- Data processing software (e.g., Alteryx)
- Supply chain network and optimization software (e.g., Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru)
- Query languages for relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Six Sigma training/certification
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top