Senior Industrial Engineer
Success in designing and manufacturing air springs to cushion the ride of vehicles that support the world’s transportation infrastructure has fueled FSIP’s growth from a single plant in 1936 to becoming the world’s number one air spring manufacturer. With employees throughout the world, the Company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Carmel, Indiana.
In addition to supplying Airide™ air springs to vehicle original equipment manufacturers, FSIP also makes air springs for the industrial market and the heavy duty and light duty aftermarkets. In the enthusiast aftermarket, FSIP is an industry leader with the Ride-Rite™, Coil-Rite™ and Level-Rite™ brands of air helper springs.
The Senior Industrial Engineer position is responsible for analyzing production and process systems in the plant to identify capabilities, improvements, and alternatives relating to safety, quality and manufacturing cost
- Find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes
- Provide forecasts for equipment and manpower requirements
- Develop justifications for
- Design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services
- Design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards
- Design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space
- Make sure that the company complies with all industry standards for safety
- Maintain BOMS and routings and adjust as process improvements are made
- Provide support in yearly plant budgeting process, cost role and midterm planning.
- Provide support to Engineering Manager and other plant management on special projects and studies including work stoppage prevention plans and allocation, capital and conversion cost analysis, and productivity forecasts and explanations.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with Minimum of 5 Years Experience
Industrial Engineering Experience in a High Mix Manufacturing Facility
Experience with SAP
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top