Senior Financial Analyst- Strategic Cost Leadership
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Senior Financial Analyst role is responsible for providing strategic leadership, analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting and tracking/validation support for the Strategic Cost Leadership (SCL) team. This role will be a key business partner and thought leader to the Senior VP of SCL as well as key support to the tire operations and diversified business teams. This includes senior leaders in sales, operations and marketing. The position reports to the Finance Manager, FP&A.
- • Develop monthly actual reporting process from tracking capabilities to detailed analytics/validation for entire SCL program
• Managing overall process to ensure that action plans are updated and pressure tested on a monthly basis
• Partner with SCL SVP and business to make recommendations based on identified trends and analysis
• Play a critical role in the budgeting and forecasting cycles within the business
• Perform detailed financial analysis ensuring data integrity with ability to summarize and present pertinent facts and recommendations
• Assimilate, organize and digest large amounts of data.
• Form collaborative relationships with internal customers by listening, clarifying and responding effectively and courteously.
• Performs other ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited university; MBA preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills required.
• Technically proficient with knowledge of Cognos, BPC, SAP and BI/BW a plus.
• Knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards.
• Thinks strategically, possesses strong analytical capability and has solid business acumen.
• Works well on a team but can also manage work individually.
• Collaborates and works effectively with others.
• Self starter, with intellectual curiosity and strong communication skills.
Back to top