Senior Area Sales Manager
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Field Sales Consultant creates and develops customer relationships and ensures customer satisfaction. This role pursues sales leads, promotes services and products, and manages the finalization of sales. This role will be based in and cover the North East United States.
This position could have up to 75% travel mixed between day and overnight travel within the geographic region.
- Manage and resolve conflicts and address customer concerns
- Implement sales strategies that drive increases in market share and profitability
- Provide product and service information to customers
- Ensure programs are successfully coordinated and communicated
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Identify prospective customers in order to form new relationships and develop business opportunities
- Review sales reports to improve and resolve customer accounts
- Research and communicate market and industry trends
- Bachelor Degree, 5 years of related experience
- 7 years experience in field sales or comparable role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel (creating and maintaining spreadsheets) and PowerPoint
- B2B OR B2C sales experience
- Tire sales experience preferred, but not required
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top