Retread Plant Manager
GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accountable for maximizing profits and return on investment to established goals and objectives. This is to be accomplished through management of personnel, inventory and assets control, equipment maintenance, warehousing and customer relations. Also responsible for customer satisfaction as it relates to retreading, including all departments in the plant or store, throughout the GCR TIRES & SERVICE system. This position exists to manage the entire plant’s operations, increase profitability and enhance customer satisfaction.
To manage the daily activities of the plant operations. These activities include but are not limited to:
1. Reviews and approves all retread transactions/transfers utilizing BASys and Tire Pro and checking plant profit levels utilizing the Financial Model metrics.
2. Establishes goals and objectives with each Retread Technician on plant expectations.
3. Creating and maintaining a positive work attitude in plant operations towards all customers (internal/external) and employees.
4. Maintains good working relationships with all employees and ensures they are aware of their job duties and responsibilities.
5. Utilizes Material flow processes for overall efficiencies in plant operations.
6. Responsible for maintaining plant compliance on operations defined by the Operational Compliance Review process.
7. Responsible for inventory management and controlling expenses.
8. Maintain spreadsheets to monitor beginning inventory levels, receipts, monthly levels of inventory to be used in determining rubber usage and compare to Tire Pro and BASys.
9. Responsible for maximizing and leveraging the use of and data from BASsy Manufacturing.
10. Evaluate and identify rubber inventories and make adjustments as necessary, i.e. - transfer rubber that is not turning to other GCR TIRES & SERVICE locations, return rubber to Bandag, identify obsolete rubber and transfer accordingly, and identify excessive inventories.
11. Hires, trains, and motivates retread technicians, and administrative support personnel and maintains the proper workforce suitable to the workload of present business.
12. Works closely with the Store Managers regarding sales personnel and customers.
13. Maintaining a proper work schedule of employees to achieve maximum productivity and minimal overtime.
14. Ensure that scheduled equipment maintenance transpires and is logged as required by Bandag equipment specs.
15. Resolving issues relating to the satisfaction of the customers.
16. Promote cooperation between all departments in the plant.
17. Promote and share plant or BASsy best practices with other GCR TIRES & SERVICE Plant Managers.
18. Establish and maintain ISO certification processes and follow the guidelines for the Bandag MEP system.
19. Make sure all company policies and safety regulations are understood and obeyed by all store personnel by holding monthly safety meetings.
20. Monitor and control all plant expenses keeping within Financial Model guidelines and parameters by regular review of the Plant’s P&L, general ledger and accurate productivity reports.
21. Overall profitability of the plant operations.
Education and experience: Typically a college degree in business is preferred and 3-5 years experience in the retread industry and/or management in the tire industry.
Technical Knowledge: Must possess retreading skills and have a clear understanding of the accounting principles. Ability to administer company policy and regulations in a positive manner. Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints. Working knowledge of computer software utilized in the service department and a thorough understanding and knowledge of PC software such as Excel, Word, etc.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates effective organizational, reasoning, problem solving abilities and time management skills. Must possess leadership and team building experience. Possess evidence of the ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with plant/store personnel, administrative office personnel, and customers. Must be able to handle continuous stressful situations in effective manner.
General Statement: Will be required to work in a stressful environment while maintaining a encouraging attitude towards all customers and employees. May be required to lift over fifty pounds when necessary.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top