Success in designing and manufacturing air springs to cushion the ride of vehicles that support the world’s transportation infrastructure has fueled FSIP’s growth from a single plant in 1936 to becoming the world’s number one air spring manufacturer. With employees throughout the world, the Company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Nashville, TN.
In addition to supplying Airide™ air springs to vehicle original equipment manufacturers, FSIP also makes air springs for the industrial market and the heavy duty and light duty aftermarkets. In the enthusiast aftermarket, FSIP is an industry leader with the Ride-Rite™, Coil-Rite™ and Level-Rite™ brands of air helper springs.
Must have experience in ISO 9001, IATF, ISO TS 16949, SPC, PFMEA, APQP , auditing, control plans, measurement system analysis (gauge R&R), and capability studies. Has demonstrated use of problem-solving tools like fishbone diagram, is/is not, 5 why, and fault tree analysis to determine root cause.
- Ensure the organization's Quality Management System including documentation conforms to internal, ISO 9001 and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, quality systems.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization's products.
- Complex data collection and analysis to ensure finished goods conformity.
- Develop key metrics and report on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including root cause and counter measures.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to quality management system and lead management review meetings.
- Develop and maintain process flow chart, PFMEA, and control plan for all production processes.
- Lead project teams to ensure all production processes are in control. Establish control charts for process characteristics demean critical for product performance.
- Perform MSA to ensure plant measures are capable including work with our Global Technical Center. Ensure plant product quality testing meets ASTM or other regulatory requirements
- Understands or is aware of changes in standards, regulations/laws, issues and news with respect to product (service) quality.
- Work with corporate quality assurance, R&D, manufacturing, and procurement on qualification process when pursuing changes in material, method, or machine.
- Manage Quality Team (~11 hourly; 3 Quality Engineer direct reports)
- 4-year degree in Quality, engineering, or related discipline preferred; cross-functional collaborative experience preferred
- Use of problem-solving, process mapping, PFMEA, control plans, measurement system analysis and SPC required. Experience creating and analyzing data from a DOE also required.
- A minimum of 5 years applied experience quality functions.
- Knowledge of IATF, ISO 9000, auditing and quality tools required.
- Six Sigma certification and training in lean principles is ideal.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top