At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on thespecific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Firestone Building Products in Prescott, Arkansas has an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Engineer. The Prescott, Arkansas facility manufactures EPDM products, or rubber based roofing materials. The position will be responsible for process capability studies and implementing/upholding quality control processes across the facility.
- Monitors QC data, product quality complaints and product quality warranty repair data for trends and recommended countermeasures.
- Administer and promote root cause analysis for top quality issues identified by the business.
- Use tools like fishbone diagram, 5 why, is/is not, fault tree analysis, pareto analysis, and DOE to determine the root cause then confirm corrective actions via testing.
- Analyze data from trials including DOEs to ensure product and processes are maintained or improved by any changes.
- Develop plans and lead trials for 3M changes (raw material, method, or machine) via the CQV process. Ensure these changes do not result in process that are not capable.
- Participate in New Product Process including development of DFMEA and CQV of new product production.
- Develop and maintain process flow chart, PFMEA, and control plan for all production processes.
- Lead project teams to ensure all production processes are in control.
- Establish control charts for process characteristics demean critical for product performance.
- Ensure plant product quality testing meets ASTM or other regulatory requirements.
- Perform MSA to ensure plant measures are capable including work with our Global Technical Center.
- Bachelor in Math or Engineering preferred.
- Use of problem-solving, process mapping, PFMEA, control plans, measurement system analysis and SPC required. Experience creating and analyzing data from a DOE.
- A minimum of 5 years applied experience quality functions.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000, auditing and quality tools is preferred.
- Six Sigma certification and training in lean principles is ideal.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top