Production Teammates (Entry Level)
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Bridgestone Off-Road Tire Plant (builder of Bias Mining & Radial Construction tires) is seeking full-time Production Teammates for our 440 + employee facility based in Bloomington-Normal, IL.
Starting Wage: $17.532 per hour
Responsibilities of a Production Teammate (entry-level role) to include but not limited to the following…
- Tire Material Handling
- Fork Truck Operation
- Cutting Rubber Components
- Building Tires
- Tire Preparation (to be cured in Presses/Pot heaters)
- Conduct/Document Quality Checks
- Prior work experience in a Manufacturing environment (Preferred not Required)
- Ability/Willingness to work in a hands-on labor-intensive environment
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts (12-hour night shift highly likely)
- Mechanical Aptitude with the ability to solve problems
- Quality & Safety focused
- High sense of urgency/work ethic
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with the willingness to learn
- Successful completion of our pre-employment process to include background/drug screen
Due to the size/weight of our tires our Production Teammate jobs are highly physical in nature and the successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required.
Those requirements include…
Exerting 50 to 70 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Back to top