Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for new product development, strategic innovation, and current product maintenance. The focus for this position is on Coating Systems with commercial, industrial, and residential applications including Roofing Systems, Decking Systems, Liquid Waterproofing Membrane, and Spray Foam Insulation.
The essential functions of this position could include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Understanding of the commercial, industrial, and residential construction industries including functional knowledge (chemical and mechanical) of systems and materials.
2. An understanding of the design, manufacturing, testing, and installation of applicable products and systems.
3. An understanding of the interactions and dependencies of systems within the building envelope as well as the effect on air quality.
4. Involvement and participation with regulatory agencies and industry associations related to commercial, industrial, and residential construction.
5. Business travel up to 40%.
6. Maintenance and development of product specifications, purchase specifications and manufacturing specifications.
7. Support for field services in the Quality Building Services group.
8. Support of the overall company strategy and the tactics to deliver on the strategic goals.
9. Must be highly proficient with MS Office, MS Project, SharePoint.
10. Must be able to lead projects and work with cross functional groups to achieve project milestones and objectives.
1. Minimum BS in Engineering. Construction Technology focus is preferred.
2. Minimum 8 years related experience in the commercial, industrial, and/or residential construction industry. Desired candidate will have experience practicing product development, engineering (materials or systems), and/or application (installation, inspection, and warranty compliance).
3. Patent and Publication portfolio is preferred.
4. Experience in LEAN Culture is preferred.
5. Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is preferred.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top