Process Engineer & Black Belt - Retread Division
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Process Engineering and Black belt position is to drive efficiency, standardization, cost reduction initiatives and project management across all GCR retread facilities in the US and Canada.
- Safety: Implementation of all contractor safety and teammate Line Driven Safety Programs
- Business case development following Bridgestone, GCR and 6 Sigma principles.
- Supervision of a local, managers, teammates, contractors and vendors from business case development through first article acceptance
- Equipment installation from conceptual design, negotiations, installation and first article acceptance
- Fund requests development, submittal and approval
- Multiple project oversight and execution
- Process standardization
- Cost reduction initiatives
- QMS reporting and customer survey calls
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience required; manufacturing experience preferred
- Degree in engineering or Management
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Travel Percentage = 75%
- 2+ year of supervisory experience preferred
- Project management
- Master Black Belt preferred\
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top