Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Bloomington Off Road Tire Plant of Bloomington-Normal, IL has been operational since August 1965. This plant of approx. 420 Total Salaried, Hourly and Contractor Teammates produces Construction Radial and Bias Mining tires for worldwide operations.
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, one of the world’s leading tire manufacturers, has a job opportunity for a Process Engineer at the Bloomington-Normal, Illinois Off Road Tire Plant. This position will be responsible for the development, improvement, and maintenance of processing across the manufacturing facility including Technical Services and Tire Development. This individual will monitor and improve quality and processing while providing problem-solving assistance in process-ability, quality, performance, productivity, and cost.
- Interpret product and process specifications, standards and coordinate process improvement trials, projects, and new tire or component development.
- Optimize production processes by studying current operating conditions, quality returns, and historical data. Assist with preparing, issuing, controlling plant specifications and methods for factory use.
- Investigate problems and initiate corrective actions to maximize quality costs. Prepare and present data and information to Technical Manager, Plant Management, etc.
- Ensure Corporate Standards are followed and issue temporary deviations when necessary. Follow 3M Trials involving changes to any production process, method, materials, or machine.
- Support to Production by attending meetings to review safety, quality, N.O.T., and waste. Respond to production areas for assistance with solving technical machine or process issues.
- Provide assistance for start up or modifications of production equipment.
- Disposition abnormal components and materials under the direction of Technical Services Manager to minimize waste generation.
- Assist in training production management and teammates in product and process quality subject matter areas.
- Conduct standard audits/reviews before, during, and upon completion of the process. Develop and report actionable metrics for accurate and efficient quality tracking.
- Document quality standards against specifications and provide accurate reports on a regular basis. Adhere to, apply, and follow all quality control and testing processes to contribute to production quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Research and Development Center with development, experimental and investigative projects regarding compound formulas, processing, and or raw materials and tire development and testing. Insure compliance with Company, customer, and government specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Related Technical Degree.
- 4-6 Years Experience in Engineering, Technical Services, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Project Management experience.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top