Plant Engineer - Mechanical
Success in designing and manufacturing air springs to cushion the ride of vehicles that support the world’s transportation infrastructure has fueled FSIP’s growth from a single plant in 1936 to becoming the world’s number one air spring manufacturer. With employees throughout the world, the Company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Nashville, TN.
In addition to supplying Airide™ air springs to vehicle original equipment manufacturers, FSIP also makes air springs for the industrial market and the heavy duty and light duty aftermarkets. In the enthusiast aftermarket, FSIP is an industry leader with the Ride-Rite™, Coil-Rite™ and Level-Rite™ brands of air helper springs.
Plant Engineer will be responsible for: whole infrastructure in the plant, running projects (upgrade infrastructure and machines, CI, cost downs) to assure the best quality of our products and productivity
- Independent functioning engineer, serving as a key contributor and/or leading projects in their area of expertise.
- Establishes a plan to meet customer requirements (both internal and external) for a new or changed product, process, system, or technology, to be reviewed by management.
- Uses latest tools to perform value-added modeling and engineering analysis in order to develop optimal action plans
- Develops and coordinates designs for new or revised facilities improvements, production processes, systems and technologies. Conducts design and project management reviews.
- Creates/revises specifications/standards based on facility, equipment and process changes.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining their technical skills and staying up to date on changing regulations and new technologies relevant to their work.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the strategies, policies, and procedures of relevant areas as it relates to products, processes and technologies in their assigned area.
- Leads projects in their area of expertise, with limited supervision. Establishes business cases and plans, secures resources, directs the team, provides regular and ad hoc reports, and ensures that the project delivers the expected results.
- Leads or plays a key role in design work.
- Creates or procures tools to aid in the design effort.
- Leads the implementation of new technologies/processes/systems, ensuring effective integration into the environment.
- Works effectively with other areas of the company on a regular basis, including communicating and negotiating priorities.
- Represents the company in contacts with external parties such as suppliers, consultants, vendors, academia, etc. to coordinate work efforts.
- Communicates technical information effectively to colleagues, customers and other project shareholders
- Receives instruction on specific objectives, and direction only on unconventional and/or non-standard problems.
- Makes technical and design related decisions focused on achieving project and/or customer goals.
- As a project owner, this role makes key decisions about the project work plan to be reviewed and approved by management. Has the autonomy to implement the work plan and ensure the project meets budget and customer requirements.
- Must have knowledge of PLC programming (modicon & Allen Bradley devices preferred).
- Knowledge of PC operating systems, networking equipment & communication protocols, devices and systems.
- Knowledge of steam, hydraulic, compressed air and water cooling and treatment systems.
- Must have thorough knowledge of mechanical design (equipment and facility) and engineering techniques. The candidate will devise new approaches to problems, modify drawings, specifications, calculations, manuals, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering standards.
- Provides maintenance technical support to eliminate downtime and improve efficiency and safety
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Minimum 7 Years Experience in Manufacturing Equipment & Facilities Engineering including manufacturing mechanical systems & Project Management
Preferred: Manufacturing experience in the tire and rubber industry
Back to top