Bridgestone’s Product Development Group in Akron, Ohio, is part of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas, Inc. Reporting into the BATO business unit are the company’s North American consumer tire businesses, the North American commercial tire businesses, and Latin American tire operations (consumer and commercial). In our new state-of-the-art technical center in Akron, Ohio, we endeavor to provide teammates with challenging assignments, a flexible work schedule, and opportunities to learn and grow in an innovative and collaborative culture.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone, and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Responsible for supporting Firestone Polymers Pilot Plant by maintaining plant operations, building and utilities.
- Safety is a priority
- Follow established Safe Work Practices such as LOTO, Confined Space, Personal Protective Equipment, Hot Work, and Fall Protection
- Follow PSM requirements, facility specifications, and assist in Process Hazard Analysis.
- Work from engineered drawings, sketches, and understands design specifications
- Fit pipe to pressure/ non-pressure vessels, pumps, chemical lines, inert has lines, steam lines and ect.
- Understands pipe/fitting schedules and pressures
- Bend and fit copper/stainless tubing
- Maintain steam associated equipment such as heat exchangers, water heaters, steam traps and condensate systems.
- Operate pipe threader, gasket cutter, various hand and electric tools, layout and install pipe and tubing, welding pipe and fabricate when needed.
- Open and move vessels for cleaning using chain hoist hand tools
- Operate mobile equipment including fork lift, man lift, scissor lift, etc.
- Periodic servicing of building sanitary lines and associated equipment
- Use a computer to process work orders, safety training, and emails
- Pipefitter Journeyman’s card preferred, or minimum 10 years industrial pipefitting experience
- Welding experience, 6G carbon and stainless preferred
- Ability to wear air purifying respirator
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Back to top