Paralegal - Real Estate
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Bridgestone Americas Law Department seeks a Real Estate paralegal for its Corporate Services group. This will be a paralegal position in the Company's Professional Band. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position will require skills and experience with real estate issues related to Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC and its approximately 2,230 stores as well as additional real estate responsibilities across the following business units within the North American Business Units (NABU) group: Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC (BATO); Firestone Building Products; and Firestone Industrial Products. These responsibilities will include the following: title and survey review; document review; conducting closings; greenfield projects involving retail, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution; lease negotiations and existing portfolio support; new store development support; condemnation support; and real estate litigation support.
- Review, prepare and abstract contracts and leases
- Review and analyze due diligence, including title and survey
- Assist with closings, including drafting closing documents and checklists and coordinating processes and dates with opposing counsel and title companies
- Utilize strong organizational and drafting skills with minimal supervision
- Assist with UCC filings
- Draft lease amendments, contracts and ancillary documentation
- Maintain reports detailing status of portfolio and new store development matters
- Prepare, review and revise SNDAs and estoppels
- Five or more years of experience as a real estate paralegal in a law firm or in-house setting is preferred
- Paralegal level real estate transactional and business support experience as well as excellent credentials
- Expertise in retail real estate work (i.e. multiple locations with similar footprint in various states) is preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are preferred
Back to top