Operational Excellence Partner - Southeast Region
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This role partners with our GCR Tires and Service centers and their Market Managers, administering site assessments, educating store personnel and implementing improvements throughout the line organization. Additionally, Opex Partners will specialize in one of 11 key areas of focus and act as subject matter experts in his/her area, where they will conduct regular continuing education sessions for colleagues.
The Southeast territory covers the states of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Eastern North Carolina. The ideal candidate will already live in the region, or be willing to relocate.
- Be an influential partner in assigned Market(s) with an unwavering desire to execute company vision and goals.
- Partner with Market Managers to prepare store action plans to drive accountability within assigned GCR locations.
- Promote operational excellence in all store functions by ensuring stores comply with all GCR standard operating procedures and policies.
- Review of analytics and reports to draw conclusions and identify root cause for issues.
- Identify gaps in store personnel and processes.
- Administer site assessments, communicate status and complete follow-up activities.
- Recognize, develop, document and communicate "Standards of Excellence" in given specialty area. Be subject matter experts and develop/update SOPs as required.
- Take responsibility as needed to research and resolve open questions or issues.
- Train field teammates in a wide variety of internal facing and customer facing initiatives.
- Utilize available training resources and e-learning platforms to manage and ensure teammates in assigned Market(s) are well equipped for success.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to travel 85%, which is primarily region based.
- Possess strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and tablet capabilities.
- Ability to learn TireMaster Enterprises/TirePro systems within 3 months.
- Capability to interpret and train P&L statements.
- Have a working knowledge of industry best practices and benchmarks.
- The ability to use influence skills to drive operational behavior changes.
- Able to, both verbally and in writing, communicate effectively and professionally with all individuals within the company, our suppliers, and our customers.
- Be a positive, improvement oriented, motivated self starter.
- Lead independent projects.
- Support and coordinate initiatives across business groups.
- BS/BA Degree strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education + work experience. (i.e. if no degree, then 7 years industry experience is required for consideration)
- 7 years relevant experience
- Experience wwth situational analysis and process improvement
- Advanced experience in one or a combination of the following specialty areas:
- Commercial Truck tires and service
- Off the road tires and service
- Mining tires and service
- Retail automotive tires and service
- Service Department/Dispath
- Commercial sales
- Point of sale business systems and technology
- Fleet Compliance, Safety & Accountability
- Inventory management
- Back office process and paperwork
- Tire Industry Association
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top