GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide leadership and direction to store personnel, facilitate the efforts of sales people, and ensure physical control of store assets.
CASH AND TICKET CONTROL
- Makes daily P.O.S. register cutoff and prepares bank deposit. Responsible for making daily bank deposit, controlling
- petty cash items and reconciling any discrepancies. Review of Daily Sales & Profit Analysis.
- In absence of Store Manager, opens mail, removes checks and cash and takes whatever action mail contents require.
- Reviews missing ticket list, identifies all open items and investigates to conclusion any missing sales tickets. Plus explains balance of series.
- Audits sales tickets for completeness and accuracy including legibility, customer signature on charge sales, evidence that merchandise delivered by store truck was checked before leaving store, and manager approval on all tickets and credit memorandums requiring his approval.
- Audits credits for merchandise adjustments, store commission and merchandise credits against claim forms and book copies of transfer tickets to insure proper credit to store. Supervises Office Clerk in cash control and ticket control.
SELLING AND SALES PROMOTION
- Waits on customers in stores as required in order to meet monthly sales quota.
- In conjunction with Store and Associate Manager, directs follow-up activity of other store employees in closing their prospects and follows own personal prospects.
- Assists Store and Associate Manager in preparing and conducting semi-monthly store sales and product meetings.
INVENTORY AND STOCK CONTROL
- Maintains control over merchandise receiving and ordering procedures including supervision of periodic inventories for accounting purposes, verifies merchandise invoices to receiving records. Approves and refers to Store Manager for final approval. Maintains stock ledger for tires, tubes, retreads and major home and auto items.
- Audits invoices for logical purchases and, in absence of Store Manager and Associate Mgr., purchase orders for such
- Audits, records trade-in merchandise, verifying amount of write down and inventory valuation.
- Controls merchandise being delivered by store truck and/or car, comparing merchandise being delivered with sales
- tickets. Follows delivery person for signed sales tickets on cash, C.O.D., or charge deliveries.
- With store Manager, investigates inventory shortage or overage as shown on shortage statement, advising Brook
- Park Accounting for corrections.
- Matches invoices with receiving records, verifies quantity and price. Files claims on any billing errors and follows claims to a conclusion. Matches invoices with monthly invoices and amounts listings.
EXPENSE CONTROL AND ACCOUNTING
- Assists Store Manager with preparation of annual sales and expense budget and controls expenses within budget by closely examining all requests for expenditures. Controls store owed tools, and own merchandise used. Discusses any budget overspending with Store and Associate Manager and recommends procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Supervises Office Clerk in currently maintaining expense control sheet and reconciles expenses on monthly operating statement with expense control sheet using Expense Analysis Report furnished by Brook Park Accounting. Takes appropriate action to reconcile difference.
- Supervises preparation of Daily Sales Cutoff and reviews sales tickets, petty cash vouchers, bank deposits and
- charge sales.
- Verifies all vendor invoices, obtains manager's approval and submits to Field Accounting for payment on timely basis.
- Audits Daily Sales and Profit Analysis sales and cost to verify accuracy.
- Consults with Store Manager regarding sales and profit results and suggests action to correct any unsatisfactory
- Manages store and directs all employees when Store Manager and Associate Manager are absent.
- Assists Store Manager and Associate Manager in interviewing, selecting and training store personnel.
- Instructs and counsels store employees in operating procedure, policy and efficient methods of performing their duties.
- Supervises Office Clerk, scheduling duties, directing activities, follows performance and adherence to standard work procedures.
- Examines time cards for hourly rate employees, verifying hours worked, both straight time and overtime.
- Audits total weekly hours worked and ensure employees sign time cards accordingly.
- Processes time cards through PayUp after Store Manager approves.
- Assists Store Manager in preparation of personnel files on new employees.
- Checks to make certain that all requirements as defined in personnel policy are met before new employees begin work.
- Maintain Driver Qualification Files for DOT compliance.
- Demonstrates proper Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Program.
- Any other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Responsible for all facets of credit extension; assist customers and commercial sales team with existing accounts.
- Manages all areas of store accounting; ensure all accounts payable and accounts receivable are processed in an
- accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor all monetary transactions; verify that most profitable accounts payable terms are utilized.
- Need ability to manage and prioritize competing demands on his/her time.
- Provide support to the store manager relative to all areas of control, credit status, and accounting to help assist with
- most profitable store management direction.
- Must be knowledgeable of accounting & inventory control systems.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
As this is a support position, the only independent decisions are in the area of accounts receivable. All others are
performed in accordance at the store manager’s discretion.
- Review and approve all credit applications and determine credit limit.
- Determine whether customer accounts are placed on “hold,” monitor status, and take appropriate corrective action.
- Hiring of new personnel
- Ordering of merchandise
- Approval of expenditures
Back to top