Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, one of the world’s leading tire manufacturers, has a job opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in our Muscatine, IA location. This position will be responsible for the safe design, procurement, installation, debug, start-up and operation of the plant equipment and projects as assigned. This position will support the production needs as necessary for equipment operation and reliability, assist maintenance in troubleshooting equipment and control problems to keep production equipment operational, and prepare design reviews, budgets, schedules, drawings, and scopes of work for project implementation and provide the necessary information/project documentation and training for emergency maintenance and preventative maintenance crews.
- Responsible for the safe design, procurement, installation, debug, start-up and operation of the plant equipment and projects as assigned. Also responsible for equipment modifications, project management, and contractor management.
- Support the production needs as necessary for equipment operation and reliability.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting equipment and control problems to keep production equipment operational.
- Prepare design reviews, budgets, schedules, drawings, and scopes of work for project implementation and provide the necessary information/project documentation. Prepare training for emergency maintenance and preventative maintenance crews.
- BS Mechanical Engineering degree required
- Minimum 2 year of engineering experience in manufacturing environment
- Prefer experience in project management, equipment setting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, piping, conveyors, foundations, structural steel, leveling/alignment, welding, machine design, installation and startup; and a working knowledge of SAP, MS Project, AutoCAD and MS Office.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top