GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment to spec, including brake and hydraulic, exhaust systems, steering and suspension.
- Diagnose and repair to specs: brake and hydraulic, exhaust systems.
- Removal, installation, adjustment, rebuilding and replacing of shoes disc pads, bearings, shock absorbers, mufflers, tail pipes, etc.
- Perform electronic tune-ups, wheel alignments.
- Advise vehicle owners of mechanical problems and suggest appropriate means of repair.
- Road test vehicles and perform vehicle inspection/courtesy checks.
- Maintain Company standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of space and equipment.
- Maintain operating efficiency of tools and equipment, arranging repairs, recommending additional items, etc.
- Maintain A.S.E. certifications.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay or become more proficient in automotive diagnosis and repair.
- Comply with Company safety policies.
- Assist and instruct other mechanics in performing diagnostic and repair services (this dependent on the level of experience).
- Any other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
Frequent bending, twisting and lifting over 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations,vibrations.
Oil and other slippery substances on floors at times.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
Types of repairs necessary.
Material to best complete the service work requested.
Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
Position further requires:
Reading, writing, and math skills.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
Certified in specialized area of automotive system diagnoses and repair within 2 years of hire.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top