Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Advanced Materials Concepts Group is looking for a professional in the area of applied materials science to design and develop new innovative technology. The ideal candidate will have strong passion for technology and high performance application development.
This position will be responsible for the development of advanced and new materials and technology concepts for tire and non-tire applications. Typical duties would include:
- Study the physical and chemical properties of materials and have fundamental understanding of material impact in the product design, manufacturing process and final product performance
- Assess new technology potential through research publications, technical literature, conferences, universities, patents, suppliers
- Create new materials that offer innovative functionality considering its application
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to validate new material concepts by conducting screening lab evaluations, prototype builds and elaborating test control plans
- Analyze test results and effectively prepare technical reports summarizing results and build consensus amongst a wide range of partners
- Conduct techno-economic analysis and risk assessment for technology implementation
- Minimum of 5 years of R&D experience with Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Applied Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering; or 3 years of relevant experience with a Master’s Degree in above subjects. Candidates with a PhD and industrial experience are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the statistical design and analysis of experimental data
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Exceptional communication skill
PhD in Materials Science, Polymer Science preferred with experience in
- Composite Materials development and processing
- Novel thermoplastic elastomers and sustainable materials
- Soft materials in sensors
Back to top