Material Handler - Fredericksburg Distribution Center - 2nd Shift
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone is growing in the Fredericksburg area! We are expanding our 2nd shift at our current Distribution Center operations. If you are able to work a shift starting approximately 4:00 and ending at 12:00 am with potential overtime, please apply on-line for this great opportunity. Bridgestone offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Bridgestone offers a comprehensive benefits package and is proud to be named one of the world's most reputable companies by Reputation Institute; published by Forbes.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Loads, unloads, checks and tallies tires to and from carriers [trailer trucks]
- Stores tires in assigned warehouse locations.
- Selects, packs, weighs, marks, palletizes tires of customer orders and places in the assigned staging areas bin locator system.
- Checks and verifies accuracy of selecting, packing, weighing, marking, and counting of tires for customer orders.
- Operates reach truck, forklifts, pallet jacks, and other equipment in the execution of duties. Ensures safety guidelines are met in operating the equipment.
- Performs required counting, tallying and marking on related inventory control documents.
- Participates in cycle and/or annual physical inventories.
- Ensures safety guidelines are met by the proper palletizing, re‐palletizing, and restacking of tires.
- Performs other miscellaneous warehouse‐related and safety duties.
- Maintain compliance with procedures and policies.
1. Must be Reach Truck Certified (we will train)
2. One year of general warehouse, logistics, or related experience.
3. Must pass a Mobile Equipment Operation (MEO) Physical. (Every two years)
5. Must pass hair follicle drug screen and background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates." Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Back to top