GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Produce a high quality retread by performing specific assigned retreading tasks per specifications and time standards.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING
Load, unload, check, and tally tires and other products during receiving and shipping process to and from carriers.
Store tires and related materials for customer orders and place in assigned staging areas.
Check and verify accuracy of orders.
Operate forklift, pallet jack and other equipment as necessary.
Prepare pertinent paperwork.
Participate in physical inventories.
Any other duties as assigned.
Establish and maintain locator system.
Determine effective stacking, palletizing, etc.
Monitor cycle inventory results.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
- Work long hours.
- Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
- Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
- Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
- Selection of products for shipping.
- Proper placement of received products in warehouse.
- Word processing and spreadsheet familiarity.
- Communication with customers.
- Use of delivery trucks, form fill machine.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Balance variety of assignments and priorities.
- Equipment and tools used: hand pallet jack, power pallet jack, 4-wheel truck, power truck, pallets, strapping equipment, containers, branding irons, cartons, brushes, brooms, record tools, air check gauges, inflation equipment, tire buffer, tire spreader, tire rimmer, power sweeper/scrubber, hammers, crow bars, and various other tools.
Back to top