Manager Lease Administration
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This individual is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate remittance of lease mandated financial obligations per company’s lease obligations including monthly rent, use tax, common area maintenance reconciliations, property insurance escrows, and real estate tax escrows. The individual is responsible for executing accounts payable/receivable processes providing controls for proper spending authority, vendor terms, and funds release ensuring the department operates within our corporate financial guidelines and policies. This role manages a team of lease analysts who ensure the accuracy of lease and financial data, coordinates delivery of COIs to landlord community, manages store closing process, and assistance facilities maintenance in resolving landlord disputes.
• Ensure the timely and accurate remittance of lease mandated financial obligations per company’s lease obligations including monthly rent, use tax, common area maintenance reconciliations, property insurance escrows, and real estate tax escrows.
• The daily management and development of multiple lease analysts to include support, training, tactical review and oversight, and coaching.
• Ensure appropriate lease data maintenance practices are being executed on a continual basis to ensure the real estate lease administration technology platform is reliable and financially accurate.
• Manage process for annual delivery of Certificates of Insurance (COIs) to landlord community as required per lease agreements.
• Direct store closing process from Store Support Center (partnering with New Store Opening Managers and Field Operation leaders) once closing approval secured.
• Ensure team is providing cross functional support between BSRO facility maintenance, BSAM legal department and Landlord community to resolve open disputes (maintenance issues, defaults, etc…)
• Leverage real estate technology to reduce expenses and drive increased productivity.
• Provide real estate support on a special project basis (as requested by Sr. Leadership) for sister BSAM divisions (BATO, FSIP, BSBP, etc..)
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by real estate leadership.
• At least 6-8 years’ experience with a high-volume, large portfolio retailer demonstrating progressive responsibility in multiple roles within a real estate department with an emphasis on lease administration and/or portfolio management.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvement to optimize efficiency and cost reduction.
• Ability to collaborate and operate cross-functionally in a retail store support center environment.
• BS, BA required, or MBA preferred – Real estate professional certifications a plus (CPM, CCIM, MRE).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lucernex, and Intalytics required.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Back to top