Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Firestone Building Products Company, a leading manufacturer and marketer of commercial roofing systems, is seeking a qualified candidate to become a Maintenance Technician at our state of the art Florence, KY rigid foam insulation manufacturing facility. This is a 3rd shift non-exempt positions at $27.81 per hour plus shift differential of $1.00 per hour, working 10:00pm to 6:30am, Monday - Friday, weekend work may be required at times based on business demands.
This position will perform duties associated with the installation, repair, modification, and preventative maintenance and electrical equipment.
- When problems arise with our manufacturing equipment, the Maintenance Technician on shift will troubleshoot and repair the system as quickly as possible to maximize production up-time
- The Maintenance Technician will also perform periodic scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration on all manufacturing equipment.
- The hours vary from 8-12 hour shifts, depending on volume and season
- The Maintenance Technician MUST have an electrical background with demonstrated experience in troubleshooting of PLCs drives, motors, and other electrical components.
- The Maintenance Technician will also be responsible for performing preventative and regular maintenance of equipment, conducting equipment and building safety checks and correcting non-conformities, completing paperwork and checklists, troubleshooting and repair of equipment during downtime situations.
- Qualified candidate will perform duties associated with the installation, repair, modification and preventative maintenance of electrical, PLC, hydraulic and pneumatic driven production equipment with an emphasis on electrical and PLC systems.
2 years demonstrated experience OR technical degree/certificate program plus 1 year.
The ideal candidate will possess a maintenance background in an industrial/manufacturing setting.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Good working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pump repair, welding & fabrication.
- Requires a good working knowledge of 480/three phase electrical circuits, PLC experience a plus.
- High mechanical aptitude and varied experience, preferably in an industrial and chemical processing operation, a plus.
- Desire to always perform high quality work, not satisfied with “it’s good enough”
- Understand and use basic and complex math for measurements, figuring ratios’, weight, speed, cycle time, temperature, etc
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time without sitting
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Physical mobility to squat, stoop, bend, climb, and walk
Must be willing and able to work overtime, especially on short notice.
Must be comfortable using a CMMS-Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
• We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
• We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
• Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Back to top