Maintenance Engineering Technician (Multi-Craft)
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone Americas Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Engineering Technician for the Warren County, TN facility. The Maintenance Engineering Technician will report to the Maintenance Crew Leader and will provide emergency and routine maintenance support to the operations departments in a highly automated environment. This multi-craft position (electrical, mechanical, and electronic) will be responsible for troubleshooting mechanical, electronic and electrical industrial equipment for a designated department within the plant. The ideal candidate must have a continuous improvement mindset while achieving the overall objectives with preventative maintenance and quick repair for trouble calls from operating technicians.
The Warren County Plant is the flagship tire manufacturing facility within Bridgestone Americas Inc. Warren County produces Truck and Bus radial tires and operates on a 24/7 basis.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineering Technician role include the following:
- Preventative Maintenance (continuous improvement)
- Troubleshooting Mechanical, Electronic, and Electrical Industrial Equipment
- Perform Quick Repair for Trouble Calls from Operating Technicians
- Perform Maintenance on Hydraulics and Pneumatic Equipment
- Troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs)
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and meet the following minimum requirements:
- 3+ years industrial maintenance experience in a multi-craft environment; OR
- 3+ years of high tech maintenance related military experience; OR
- Completed apprenticeship program and 2+ years industrial maintenance experience; OR
- Associates degree in Electronics, General Technology, Robotics, or related field and 2+ years industrial maintenance experience
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top