Firestone Polymers, LLC is headquartered in Akron, Ohio and manufactures polymers and synthetic rubber in our world-class ISO 9001:2000/14001 registered plants located in Lake Charles, Louisiana and Orange, Texas. Firestone's unique anionic polymerization technology allows production of high purity, high molecular weight polybutadiene and a wide range of block, random, and vinyl modified styrene-butadiene copolymers. These products are sold around the world for use in tires, impact modification of plastics and hot melt adhesives. Statistical process control is used in every step of the operation.
Firestone Polymers, LLC is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company.
This posting is for the purpose of creating a hiring pool for consideration for future openings.
Laboratory position responsible for safely obtaining and analyzing samples from process area, batch reactors, lines and blend tanks.
Position may be physically demanding due to frequency of sampling. Necessary to lift up to 75 pounds, climb stairs, withstand elevated temperatures, standing, bending, squatting.
Qualified applicants must register online and create a HIRE account through www.louisianaworks.net.
Once registration is completed, applicants must apply to Job Order #802690.
Click this link to access the above referenced job order #.
Deadline to apply is end of the day September 3, 2018.
1. Perform analyses, general maintenance and collect samples
2. Calibrate lab equipment
3. Maintain laboratory QA/QC objectives
4. Learn, understand and troubleshoot analytical methods and issues
5. Enter all analytical results into LIMS (laboratory information mgmt system)
6. Housekeeping as required
7. Emergency Response Team as assigned
Associate or bachelor's degree in relevant technical field
Relevant laboratory experience preferred
Strong computer skills
Willingness to work overtime
Able to work 12 hour rotating shifts
Must be able to wear respirator
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
We really have adoped the mission statement of serving society with superior quality. Obviously we're a business and we still have to provide a fair return to our shareholders, but we believe our responsibility is so much greater than that.
Back to top