LA Business Operations Sr. Financial Analyst
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
As the LA Business Operations Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be part of the LA HQ Finance Team based in Nashville tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our Latin America business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth. You will help drive financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis, partnering with Sales and Marketing management team to drive profitable growth organically and through M&A. The position reports to the BATO LA Finance Director.
- Partner with LA VP Operations and Sales & Marketing Directors to provide decision support through financial modeling and data analysis.
- Deliver business profitability and resource allocation analysis across all LA markets and business units.
- Lead the financial management activities for the LA New Product Portfolio process including developing guidelines for initiative analysis and forecasting, planning, and reporting.
- Develop New Product Financial database to track financial/operational assumptions built in NPVs by stage-gate (before/after product launch). Generate insights to feed back to New Product team.
- Support M&A opportunities in the region by performing financial analysis, competitive analysis, and evaluating different business scenarios
- Present analysis results and recommendations to management through interactive dashboards, keynotes and financial playbooks.
- Drive process improvements by partnering with other functions and SSC to enhance current tools/systems related to financial management
- BS/BA or MS/MA in business-related or quantitative field (Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or similar discipline) with an excellent academic record
- Minimum of 2 years in Corporate Finance/IB/Consulting/Accounting or operational FP&A
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with expert Excel skills
- Thinks strategically, possesses strong analytical capability and has solid business acumen
- Excellent communication and people skills: need to build relationships with many stakeholders, both inside and outside of the Finance organization
- Global perspective: need/willingness to understand and appreciate the different and rich cultures of Latin America markets
- Technically proficient with knowledge of SAP reporting
- SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top