IT SUSE LINUX SERVER ADMINISTRATOR
Costa Rica, BAS Shared Services Center is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and Rubber Company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The SUSE Linux administrator is responsible for the delivery of SUSE Linux virtual servers within IT operations organization for Americas, participates in support and new business requirements. Is responsible for the service operation, service maintenance and continuous improvement of the platform in order to achieve high level of availability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain environment for running batch jobs associated with daily batch cycle and batch reporting subsystem.
- Work with LAN/Network personnel to ensure compatibility with LAN applications and peripheral hardware to provide end users with reliable and stable working environment
Provide technical support and leadership in a complex mission critical infrastructure environments
- Ensure that services under your responsibility are delivered according to the Service description (SLO and SLA).
- Experience supporting day-today administration functions including user account management and script creation.
- Apply Patches and Upgrades as necessary. Perform tasks for Backup and Recovery Management including High Availability.
- Install and configure storage arrays and allocate SAN and NAS storage to different OS platforms and/or administer ZFS storage pools, file system, snapshots and clones.
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues, Installation and testing of computer peripherals.
- Perform/Implement Security Monitoring and audit to identify any possible security intrusions or breaches.
- Assist disaster recovery tests.
- A Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science.
- Minimun 3 to 5+ years of practical experience in UNIX and/or Linux administration.
- Expert understanding and experience with ITIL framework and ITSM best.
- Bilingue spanish-English (Advance-B2+)
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the performance management of a solutions oriented service team.
- Exceptional customer service orientation with solid relationship and performance management skills.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top