Internal Communications Specialist
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Internal Communications Specialist is a key contributor to the internal communications team, a significant corporate relations function serving more than 50,000 teammates across all Bridgestone Americas. This role collaborates with the communications team as well as business and functional unit teammates to engaging a broad range of internal stakeholders across the enterprise. This position is responsible for creating written and multimedia content that contributes to holistic corporate communications plans and helps communicate the company's strategic priorities and Transformation Journey. Scope of work also includes dedicated communications support for the corporate HR function for teammate-facing initiatives, including wellness and recognition programming, as well as IT and Facilities communications. This position is responsible for coordinating and trafficking content for enterprise-wide communication vehicles, including planning and execution. This includes the distribution of internal communication campaigns and evolving traditional and emerging communications channels. The Internal Communications Specialist is an individual contributor based in Nashville and reports to the Director of Communications, Executive & Internal.
- Coordinates integrated communication activities and initiatives for a key corporate relations function (e.g. internal communications) for all Bridgestone Americas functional units.
- Develops written and multimedia editorial content for all internal communications channels.
- Manages the company's Intranet, including content planning and trafficking across business and functions
- Develops materials for internal email campaigns.
- Supports content development for the company's strategic initiatives and all workstreams related to the Transformation Journey.
- Works collaboratively with internal communications team and subject matter experts to offer communications recommendations for internal programming and teammate engagement, specifically in the areas of HR, IT and Facilities (Nashville).
- Helps develop communications plans for enterprise-wide awards and recognition programs.
- Coordinates KPI reporting for the function on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Works collaboratively with communications / public relations agencies that serve the enterprise.
- Helps drive the integrated communications alignment across community, teammate, and corporate relations function, ensuring they are aligned with the overall goals and strategies of Bridgestone Americas.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Advertising or PR Agency experience desired Multilingual capabilities helpful
Back to top