Information Security & Compliance Specialist
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Compliance Specialist position is a team role that is responsible for working with the Bridgestone business and IT groups to ensure compliance with various legal, regulatory and policy requirements. Areas of compliance include PCI, SOX/J-SOX, HIPAA, ITGC, PII, and Corporate IT Policies and Standards.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Conducting security and compliance assessments
- Coordinating PCI assessments for multiple merchants (from Level 4 to Level 1); working with external QSA firms
- Making recommendations to business and IT stakeholders on compliance related activities
- Serving on project teams for initiatives that have a risk and compliance functions
- Creating and presenting compliance reports
- Reporting and escalating issues to senior leadership
- Assisting in tracking the remediation of internal and external audit findings
- Reviewing and providing feedback on draft policy documents
- Providing consultation services to the business and IT on security and compliance best practices
- Assisting in the management of the compliance module of our eGRC tool
Outstanding communication and people skills are required to work with a large and diverse business and IT community spanning several countries and functional units. The teammate may be asked to conduct training and other duties as required. Sound project management skills are a plus in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years working in a security or compliance role
- Knowledge of industry regulations (SOX/JSOX, PCI, HIPPA)
- Previous experience in an environment subjected to PCI-DSS requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with auditing processes preferred
- Industry certifications such as CISA or CISSP
- Experience supporting a large and diverse business organization
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top