Human Resources Section Manager
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position is responsible for managing the Human Resource function and administration for an assigned area of the plant. This includes team member relations, corrective coaching and counseling, project and change management, benefit administration, staffing, legal compliance, public relations, and team member development. The incumbent is involved in budgeting and strategic planning and may assume the lead role for the HR Department in the absence of the Plant HR Manager.
- Lead and facilitate positive teammate relations; Maintain routine contact with teammates in assigned area of responsibility; Assist clients with policy interpretation, engagement, and issue/concern resolution
- Participate in the development and facilitation of plant-wide talent management strategy; Provide guidance regarding career development opportunities; Monitor and improve talent pipeline for critical roles
- Effectively manage staffing requirements; Lead candidate screening process; Ensure staffing processes are executed compliantly; Effectively forecast future staffing needs; Support hourly staffing processes
- Provide guidance to leaders regarding corrective coaching and/or disciplinary decisions; Assist leaders in managing performance fairly and consistently
- Assist with benefits enrollment; Partner with Benefits COE to troubleshoot and resolve issues and respond to teammate questions
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant HR experience
- Preferred Master's degree in relevant field
- Labor Relations experience
Back to top