GCR Market Manager - East Central
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The GCR Market Manager is responsible for leading the overall operations and compliance of stores within assigned market through management of store managers. This individual oversees the organization of their assigned territory in order to create a customer centric culture within assigned market.
This territory consists of stores within a territory across Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Ohio. The ideal candidate must currently live within the assigned territory, preferably Nashville, TN or Knoxville, TN.
- Partners with Zone Director to foster a company-wide culture of safety to raise awareness and ultimately reduce teammate risk, claims and cost
- Promotes a customer-centric vision and communicates promise to deliver best in class experience
- Manages P&L and allocation of Market budget; responsible for sales and profit results, margin and expense control for the market
- Champions company initiatives to drive achievement of strategic objectives throughout the market
- Sets specific and measurable performance goals tailored to each Market to drive improvements in compliance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction
- Ensures execution on all teammate initiatives in assigned market, including training, compensation, performance management, employee engagement, etc.
- Trains and selects Market Managers and Store Managers; ensures appropriate alignment of leadership positions within market to achieve objectives
- Builds Market Manager talent pipeline for future Market Managers through development and coaching
- Reviews analytics and reports to draw conclusions and identify root cause for issues; develops actionable plans based on data driven reviews
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends; adjusts approach accordingly
- Maintains active presence in stores in assigned market to ensure stores are executing on objectives and action plans
- Ensures stores in assigned market comply with all GCR standard operating procedures, as measured in dashboard/scorecards; prepares consistent, simplified and standardized store action plans to drive accountability within assigned stores and market
- Manages payroll, productivity and staffing to ensure ability to meet demand; selects Store Managers and may also participate in selection of in-store teammates. Modifies assignment of store managers within market to drive achievement of results
- Drives improvements in productivity and customer experience within assigned stores
- Promotes safety awareness at the store level to reduce teammate risk, claims and costs
- Resolves any compliance related issues for stores in assigned market as well as the escalation of conflicts/problems not resolved by Store Manager
- Leads and develops store managers, including identification and development of bench strength for future store management opportunities; fosters a sense of engagement to drive stability within the Store Manager workforce
- Complies with financial reporting requirements related to the development and maintenance of store budgets, accounts receivable, inventory reporting, and cash management
- Oversees local community efforts to drive sales, customer count, car count, and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Automotive field OR equivalent experience
- 10+ years of sales and management experience required
- 10+ years of experience in reading and analyzing P&L statements as well as prepare and manage budgets
- Commercial automotive experience preferred
- Proven ability to review and understand analytics and identify root cause
- Knowledge of Store POS systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top