Firestone Polymers, LLC is headquartered in Akron, Ohio and manufactures polymers and synthetic rubber in our world-class ISO 9001/14001 registered plants located in Lake Charles, Louisiana and Orange, Texas. Firestone's unique anionic polymerization technology allows production of high purity, high molecular weight polybutadiene and a wide range of block, random, and vinyl modified styrene-butadiene copolymers. These products are sold around the world for use in tires, impact modification of plastics and hot melt adhesives. Statistical process control is used in every step of the operation.
Firestone Polymers, LLC is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company.
This posting is for the purpose of creating a hiring pool for consideration for future openings.
Operation of forklift equipment for the following work:
1. Load and unload finished product into box cars and trailers
2. Transport finished product from production line to warehouse inventory
3. Supply properly prepared containers for five production lines
4. Unload after hours deliveries of chemicals and packaging (as required)
5. Keep dumpsters empty and available at all times
6. Operate trackmobile to transport inventory for inter-plant storage
Qualified applicants must register online and create a HIRE account through www.louisianaworks.net.
Once registration is completed, applicants must apply to Job Order # 795224. If selected for testing, applicant will be contacted.
Deadline to apply is end of day September 3, 2018.
Work environment: Hot and cold weather/rain; climbing on and off forklift, ladders on docks, trackmobile, etc.
Complete daily forklift operating checklist
Compliance with all safety rules and procedures
Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Good communication skills, ability to handle multiple assignments
Experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting or warehouse a plus
Ability to work 12-hour rotating shift with overtime
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Meet Some of Bridgestone Americas's Employees
Courtney oversees every aspect of energy efficiency at BSA’s tire manufacturing facilities, conducting surveys to identify savings opportunities and new project possibilities.
Back to top